Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stress and Kids

In parenthood, the two word which comprise the title are synonymous. There is not a moment in which being a parent is not stressful.

This does not mean it is not enjoyable, it simply means that you have a headache while you enjoy it.

But life seems to have a way of adding to the pressure. Bills, health problems (whether it's you or the kids, it's just as bad), and car trouble all add to the mix. And on top of it all, you're trying to keep your cool, to make sure you don't snap--at least not visibly, although in your mind, all you see are stars and you keep hearing faint music and voices.

Well, I've decided recently to add just a little more to the stress.

I'm going back to school!

That's right, every stay-at-home parent's dream is finally coming true for me. I will be attending Ashford University, Online .

To say I'm excited would be an understatement, but so would saying that I'm nervous. Now, there's the added stress of my assignments, my school bill, trying to get any sort of grants or financial aid, and just trying to contain my enthusiasm.

The only thing I can do is pray for God to help me.

God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment