Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gratitude

I have read and been told several times lately that the "Gratitude Attitude" is an experience-changing and possibly life-changing attitude.

This is true.

While I am by no means attempting to portray the idea that being a stay-at-home dad is all roses and giggles--IT IS NOT!--, it certainly has its moments. What other man do you know that can wrestle and play with his boys as much as I do?

Too many fathers are work-a-holics or are just "too tired" by the time they get home to spend time with their children. My job is playing with my children. Entertaining them, feeding them, cleaning up after them, kissing their boo-boos (something I should probably do more of and less of simply saying, "If you're not bleeding, don't come crying to me"), and just being a dad.

Mind you, I don't get paid, a definite drawback, but it's worth it.

I cannot wait until I can go to work and come home and play with my boys then, but until then...I'm just grateful that I get to basically be a big kid.

(Something my wife has brought to my attention more than once. I have noticed that this comment is usually preceded by a particularly thoughtless or just plain stupid act on my part including but not limited to: splashing in the bathtub, dancing like a fool, giving piggyback/horseback rides, playing in the mud/food, and making weird faces to get my toddler to laugh)

However, there is one thing I would like.

For all of you loyal readers--if there are any--I would greatly appreciate a comment or two about your thoughts. Shoot, it can be gibberish, but I just want someone to comment about something.

Please?



GP4BWFCTZABR

2 comments:

  1. hey looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have kids for that matter i dont even have a girlfriend but i will say you sem to be a great father

    ReplyDelete